As a way to inspire and motivate youth to lead an active and healthy lifestyle, we are excited to offer a Youth Triathlon. Our focus is on SAFETY, FITNESS & FUN. Each participant will receive a free t-shirt.
The Youth Triathlon is for boys and girls, ages 9-14.
- 2 mile bike in a quiet neighborhood, starting at Memory Lake Park
- 1/2 mile kayak in Memory Lake
- 1 mile trail run
- Friday, May 11 from 5:30 – 7:00 pm(Location TBD)
- Saturday, May 12 from 12:30 – 1:30 pm
Check-in will be held near the parking / shelter house at Memory Lake Park.
- 1:45 – Course talk (mandatory)
- 2:00 – Wave 1 (Likely to be Teams and Ages 12-14) begin
- 2:15 – Wave 2 (Likely to be Ages 9-11) begin
- Youth Award Ceremony & Refreshments to follow
An award ceremony will be held immediately following the Youth Adventure Triathlon. Medals will be given to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place boys and girls in age divisions 9-11 and 12-14. Medals for top three teams overall.
Racers will need:
- Bike & Helmet (REQUIRED)
- Self-propelled vessel (kayak or canoe), paddles and life jacket. Please make sure your life jacket is right for your weight and chest size. Rentals available at Wild River Outfitters. Again you need to provide your own!
- Safety is our number one priority – and is everyone’s responsibility
- Assume you do not have the right-of-way
- Helmets must be worm during biking
- PDF (life jacket) must be worn during paddle
- No MP3/music players
- See and Be Seen (wear highly visible clothing for the bike route)
- Wear bug spray and check for ticks post-race
- A bike lane will be marked and patrolled
- Cyclists must keep back two bike lengths behind the rider in front, except when passing
- Pass on the left, slower riders stay on right
A parent or guardian of each racer will be required to sign a Racer Liability Consent Form at registration. Print it out, and return with your registration. There will be no refunds issued for any reason. There are absolutely no exceptions to this policy. There will be no transfers from this year’s event to future year events. Transfer from one individual to another or from one race type to another (such as Individual to Relay) is possible but a processing fee may be applied.